Nutritionism: The Science and Politics of Dietary Advice
has been published by Columbia University Press.
• My article ‘Nutritional Anxieties: From the Fear of Bad Nutrients to the Scarcity of Health-Enhancing Nutrients’ in The Huffington Post, January 16, 2014.
• My article on margarine in The Conversation, December 30, 2013.
• My article on the proposed trans-fats “ban” in the US, in Huffington Post, November 13, 2013.
• Book review of Nutritionism by Sylvia Karasu in Psychology Today, 13 November, 2013.
• My article on weight-loss diets in Salon.com, October 23, 2013. Note the title of the article is quite inaccurate and misleading.
• Interviewed for article ‘Navigating the Nutriscape‘, Voice, University of Melbourne, published in The Age, September 5, 2013.
• An excerpt from chapter 8 of Nutritionism on functional foods has been published on Salon.com on July 20. Note, the title and accompanying image are a bit misleading – it has nothing to do with organics. [PDF]
• Interviewed on BBC4 radio’s The Food Programme by Sheila Dillon for their episode on butter aired on June 30, talking about margarine.
• Interviewed on Radio National Australia program FirstBite by Michael Mackenzie about nutritionism on June 15.